The Most Popular Sports Teams in the US
The US is known for its love of sports, with many iconic teams that hold a special place in the hearts of their fans. Here are some of the most popular:
- Dallas Cowboys – Known as “America’s Team”, the Cowboys are the most valuable sports team in the world according to Forbes.
- New England Patriots – Led by quarterback Tom Brady, the Patriots have won six Super Bowls since 2002.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – With a rich history that includes six Super Bowl titles, the Steelers are a perennial contender.
- Los Angeles Lakers – With a roster that has included legends like Kobe Bryant and Magic Johnson, the Lakers have won 16 NBA championships.
- Golden State Warriors – Led by Stephen Curry, the Warriors have won three championships in the past five years and have become a global brand.
- Boston Celtics – The Celtics have a proud history that includes 17 championships and legendary players like Bill Russell and Larry Bird.
- New York Yankees – One of the most recognizable sports franchises in the world, the Yankees have won 27 World Series titles.
- Los Angeles Dodgers – With a passionate fanbase and a storied history that includes players like Jackie Robinson and Sandy Koufax, the Dodgers are a beloved team.
- Boston Red Sox – The Red Sox ended an 86-year championship drought in 2004 and have since added three more titles to their resume.